Changing a wriggly baby is always a challenge! Take away some of the stress by keeping supplies within reach and making sure your change table is safe.
There are a few simple steps you can take to keep your baby safe while changing them.
Choosing a safe change table
- Be sure that change tables have roll-off protection like a child safety harness or raised barrier which is roughly 10cm high.
- There should be no gaps near or on the surface of the change table to keep your baby’s fingers, arms, legs or head from harm.
- Make sure all locking devices on a folding change table are strong, so that the table cannot accidentally collapse.
Using a change table safely
- Stay with your baby while they’re on the change table and always keep one hand on them to prevent falling.
- Use a child safety harness, if one is available.
- Do not use a thick mattress that reduces the height of the barriers.